Putting Patient Safety & Quality FIRST ‐ always and every time!!!
At Star, the safety of patient and the quality is of utmost priority without fail.
- CONTRAST MEDIA: We use the best available contrast media on our patients which gets approved by our radiologists before being administered to the patients. We use Non‐ionic contrast media with very low incidences of adverse reactions.
- MRI SAFETY: To safeguard patients or their attendants before entering the MRI scan room, they have to go through three check levels. This is done to avoid any mishaps that could lead to injury to the patient.
- LOW DOSE RADIATION: Optima 660 CT scan is the latest in the field and emits low dose radiation. The cardiac scan module reduces the radiation exposure to less than 50%‐80% in comparison to other equipments.
- AERB GUIDELINES: The safety code emphasized by AERB (Atomic Energy Regulatory Board) to ensure radiation safety, availability of RSO (Radiation Safety Officer) & qualified personnel to handle the X‐Ray equipment, is being maintained at Star.
- FIRE SAFETY: Star is well equipped with all the necessary Fire Safety equipments. The Fire safety Exits & plans in case of any fire disaster, have been displayed wherever necessary for the safety of our patients and staff.
- SAFE & QUALITY DRUGS: Our Anesthesiologists have access to all the Emergency drugs needed to assist the patient. The drugs used are routinely checked for their expiry dates and kept at the desired temp.
- BIOMEDICAL WASTE: All possible steps are taken to keep the environment clean and avoid any bio medical spillage of any kind at Star. Different bins have been labeled and specific disposable bags are being used to disposeoff different kind of waste products.
- DAILY CONTROL AND CALIBRATION: Star is approved and accredited by NABH, NABL, ISO and Quality Austria to keep the quality in check. Our lab team makes sure there is no error in the tests performed or reporting. Daily Controls and Calibrations are done and the data is maintained for the audits done internally or externally.
- VACCUTAINERS: The best quality vaccutainers from BD are being used to get the best results. No compromise is made in providing the BEST to the patients.
- BI‐DIRETIONAL LAB: Our lab machines work in sync with the database so that there are hardly any loopholes for any kind of human error in performing or reporting. The Best Fully Automated machines are being used.
- PRECAUTIONS: Staff uses sterilized gloves and masks not only for their own safety, but for the sake of the patients too.